Lectern hanging( number of products: 72 )
When it comes to liturgy, nothing is left to chance. Every gesture, word, and even object carries a great significance. For incorporating a sense of the Christian faith, it is essential everything composed performs its role optimally. This is the reason why sacred furnishings and liturgical furnishings are considered so valuable and important.
Therefore, even a banal object, including a liturgical lectern and also lectern hangings, carries a significant role to complete the rite in the best possible way.
You might be wondering what are the lectern hangings and why these are considered precious in the Christian culture. Here in this guide, you will get answers to all your questions.
The lectern hanging, as the name suggests, is hung over the lectern to cover and decorate the same. The lectern is a stand on which sacred texts are placed during different celebrations.
Now that sacred furnishings are precious, similarly, lectern hanging also has a valuable place in the Christian culture. The refinement of the cut, selection of the fabric, decorations, the precious materials used to make the lectern hanging, everything enhances significance, nobility, and symbolic expression.
Different colors of lectern hangings!
Just like the sacred vestments and fabric furnishings used in the Church are affected by the symbolism of liturgical colors, similarly, lectern hangings are also affected by the same. Lectern hangings are also changed by the church according to the liturgical calendar in which they are found.
Here we have mentioned a brief scheme for deciphering different colors of the lectern hangings on different occasions:
· Red lectern hangings: The different days and occasions for which red-colored lectern hangings are used are on Palm Sunday, Pentecost, Good Friday, during the Feasts which are dedicated to the martyrs, apostles, and evangelists. Apart from all these occasions, the red-colored lectern hanging can also be used by the Church on the occasion of votive Masses of the Holy Spirit.
· White lectern hangings: White-colored lectern hangings also known as ivory lectern hangings are usually associated with very significant solemnities such as Easter, Christmas, and Holy Thursday. Many other occasions on which white hangings are used are Baptisms, Extreme Unction, Weddings, sacraments, the ordination of a priest, and more.
· Purple lectern hangings: The purple-colored hangings are used by the church on Holy Saturday, during Advent, and Lent. Other occasions for which it can be used are memorials of the dead, funerals, and Requiem Masses.
· Marian lectern hangings: Although the specific color associated with Mary and used during the masses dedicated to her is white, there are some countries including Spain, South America where the color is replaced with blue. Oftentimes the Marian lectern hangings are embroidered with the golden or bluish symbols recalling the Virgin.
· Pink lectern hangings: The occasions on which the pink-colored lectern hangings are used are the celebrations of the Fourth Sunday of Lent, the third Sunday of Advent. It has been seen that the pink lectern hanging is being replaced by the purple ones.
If you are looking forward to buying lectern hangings made of qualitative fabric, then you should consider exploring our platform. We, at Ackermann Liturgical Vestments, supply beautifully embroidered lectern hangings in different colors and that too at an affordable price. We fulfill the trusted shopping quality criteria including credit rating, cost transparency, data protection, and customer service.